Welcome

Welcome! This is the story of my Glen-L 15 sailboat build. 


This is a 15’ long wooden sailboat I am building at home from a set of plans I ordered from Glen-L. It will be my first sailboat so I’m looking forward to learning to sail on it.

This is what I hope it will look like when I am finished:

This is my current progress:

I spent a few weeks looking at several sailboat plans and chose the Glen-L15 because I wanted a traditional Bermuda rig (the classic triangle sail on either side of the mast).  Glen-L also had a long history and great reputation, an active online community, and sold hardware and rigging kits for this boat. 

Construction will be plywood sheathing on a solid wood frame. 

The links below are in chronological order, as they are best read
I read a couple of other builder’s blogs before I decided to tackle this and they were really helpful, so I wanted to return the favor and hopefully help someone else…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building the spars

The Plans